We’re hiring! | Event Coordinator
American Experiment is currently searching for a new Event Coordinator! Keep reading to find details on responsibilities and qualifications.
If you or someone you know is interested, go here to apply: https://talentmarket.org/ec-cae/
About the Position
The Center is looking for an Event Coordinator to work with the organization’s Policy Fellows and Development team to put on events that further their message and policy work. Events are a crucial part of the Center’s outreach strategy, and the Event Coordinator is primarily responsible for their success. In 2022 the Center put on 46 events attended by thousands of people.
The event schedule is flexible, but a handful of events are expected each year. Two of these are annual fundraising events: the Annual Dinner and Fall Briefing. Each typically has 500-1,200 attendees. The Center also holds a Quarterly Luncheon series. These are events over the course of the year that often feature a guest speaker and typically draw 200-350 attendees. Beyond these events, the Event Coordinator has the flexibility to plan events on a wide variety of policy topics across the state of Minnesota. This often includes working with the Greater Minnesota Coordinator and local chapter groups in Greater MN.
The Event Coordinator should be an organized, high-energy individual with the ability to balance many ongoing projects simultaneously. Attention to detail is a must. This individual will report to the Center’s President and collaborate with almost all staff members, so the ability to communicate effectively and professionally is expected. The Event Coordinator also interacts with a wide range of Center supporters and should be comfortable representing the organization well in these situations.
This position requires travel by car around the state of Minnesota, as well as some lifting and moving of materials.
The Event Coordinator will operate full-time out of the Center’s office in Golden Valley, Minnesota.
- Produce a multitude of events including: 2 principal fundraisers, the Annual Dinner and Fall Briefing; 3 or 4 Quarterly Lunch or Evening Forums; approximately 25+ events in Greater Minnesota and the Twin Cities suburbs; a number of other events including Night at the Movies, the Young Leader’s Council Holiday Party and other happy hours or informal get-togethers
- Identify and contract with speakers, work with venues, handle all of the logistical efforts needed to put on major, high quality events
- Interact and coordinate professionally with attendees, vendors, VIP speakers and fellow staff members
- Drive attendance to events through outreach online, on social media, in-person, by mail, and through local groups or stakeholders
- Find opportunities for the Center’s Policy Fellows to speak around MN, and manage incoming speaker requests from local groups
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to reflect the Center’s brand to both internal and external customers
- 1-5 years of event planning experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Ability to attend and execute events outside of normal working hours
- Travel within the state of Minnesota on 1-3 occasions per month
- Problem-solving and management skills in time-sensitive situations; ability to meet deadlines and stay calm under pressure
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Contract negotiation skills and experience is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization, why the position interests you, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talent market.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]