John Hinderaker is President of Center of the American Experiment.
He spent 41 years as a litigator with Faegre & Benson and its successor Faegre Baker Daniels, during which time he tried 100 jury cases and appeared in courts in 19 states. Upon his retirement from the legal profession at the end of 2015, he became president of the Center of the American Experiment. John has had a long association with the Center, including co-authoring several papers published by the Center and serving on the organization’s Board of Directors. John was Chairman of the Center’s board in 1998-2000.
In addition to his legal career, John is a long-time commentator and activist. He founded the web site Power Line in 2002 and has been a prominent voice on the internet and elsewhere since that time. He has appeared as a commentator on NBC, CBS, Fox News, CNN, CNBC and Sky News Australia, and is a frequent guest and guest host on national radio programs. John has lectured at Dartmouth College, Harvard Law School, Carleton College, St. Olaf College, Macalester College and the University of Minnesota.
- AB Dartmouth College 1971
- JD Harvard Law School 1974
- 1974-2015, Faegre & Benson LLP/Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Honors and Awards:
- Top 40 commercial litigators in Minnesota
- Top 100 lawyers in Minnesota
- 100 Minnesota lawyers most respected by their peers
- Minnesota’s “Super Lawyer of the Year” in 2006
- Listed in Best Lawyers In America
- Named one of top 25 celebrities on the internet by Forbes magazine in 2005
- Named one of 50 most influential people on the internet by Yahoo in 2005
- Honored by Time magazine as one of the most influential people of 2004
- Named one of 100 most influential people in the Twin Cities, 2008