Katherine Kersten, a writer and attorney, is a Senior Policy Fellow at Center of the American Experiment.
She served as a Metro columnist for the Star Tribune (Minneapolis) from 2005 to 2008 and as an opinion columnist for the paper for 15 years between 1996 and 2013. She was a founding director of the Center and served as its chair from 1996 to 1998.
Katherine has written on cultural and policy issues for a variety of publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, Christianity Today, Policy Review, and First Things. For two years, she served as a regular commentator for National Public Radio’s “All Things Considered.”
She has also appeared on numerous radio and television shows, both nationally and locally. She has been a guest of commentators such as Hugh Hewitt, Glenn Beck, and Laura Ingraham, and has been featured on FOX News and MSNBC, as well as NPR’s “Talk of the Nation”; the Canadian Broadcasting Company’s “As It Happens”; NBC’s “A Closer Look with Faith Daniels”; and “Public Eye with Bryant Gumbel.”
- BA University of Notre Dame 1973
- MA Yale University 1975
- JD University of Minnesota Law School 1982
Honors and Awards:
- Named Friend of the Humanities by the Minnesota Humanities Commission
- Named Distinguished Alumna of the Program of Liberal Studies of the University of Notre Dame
- Family Exemplar Award of the University of Notre Dame Alumni Association