1. Our Policy. This Policy covers Center of the American Experiment’s treatment of personal information or personally identifiable information that may be collected or submitted when the web-user (you) are using the Center of the American Experiment’s website or services. This Policy does not apply to companies that the Center of the American Experiment does not or own control, or to individuals that are not under the Center of the American Experiment’s supervisory control.
Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Information online this information cannot be made one-hundred percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others. However, we work hard to protect your information at all times and protect your information in several ways. Your information is stored on a secure server that the Center of the American Experiment and its authorized personnel can only access through a password. Additionally, we encrypt your information to prevent third parties without authorization from intercepting your information when it is in transit to us.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information. While using the Center of the American Experiment’s website, you may submit Personal Information when participating in campaigns, registering for events, signing up for our newsletter, or submitting a donation. Depending on the service of process, the Personal Information you may be asked to provide is your:
- Postal Address
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Credit or Debit Card Information
- Gender or other demographic information
- Location information
Personal Information may also be collected, or your IP address logged, when you visit the Center of the American Experiment’s website. Your IP information allows us to understand how you use our site and to enable us to make changes to our site in order to improve your experience. Information regarding your computer, your connected to our website (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform) and your user history (including, but not limited to, your session information, page errors and the length of your visits to specific pages within our website) may also be collected.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information. The Center of the American Experiment may use the Personal Information you provide for purposes such as: carrying out a registration made by you; customizing the advertising and content you see; fulfilling your requests for products and services (including purchases); improving the content and overall look and feel of our website and services, contacting you, conducting research, providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, contacting users regarding changes to our website or business, and customizing the content that you see on the Center of the American Experiment’s website.
4. How Your Personal Information is Disclosed. It is the Center of the American Experiment’s policy not to disclose, sell or rent your Personal Information to any individual, business, government entity or outside parties except: (i) to provide products or services you’ve requested through us; (ii) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (iii) when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal action; or (iv) where you request the Center of the American Experiment to do so.
From time to time, the Center of the American Experiment may use return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose. Your Personal Information will not be collected for us that is in violation of the law, or unrelated to the that discussed in this Policy, unless you are also provided an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
5. Correcting Your Personally Identifiable Information. You are responsible for ensuring that all Personal Information you provide on the website is maintained and kept current.
6. Web Statistics & Shared Data. We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes.
From time to time, we may use this information to better design our website and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates however IP addresses are not linked to Personal Information. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we will not disclose to these partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
7. Third Party Pixels and Cookies. When you visit our website, log in, register or open an email, cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies may be used by our online data partners or vendors to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or service providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to these email addresses. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout. This information can also be found here: https://retention.com/support/update-privacy-policy/
8. Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we do not collect information provided by users under the age of 13, nor do we solicit information from users under the age of 13.
9. Scope of the Policy. Although this policy applies to the all information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by the Center of the American Experiment, it does not apply to businesses or entities that are not owned and controlled by us.
This website contains links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that the Center of the American Experiment does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third party websites.
10. Opt-In Policy. You may “opt in” to receive newsletters, promotional offers, and other useful information from us. To unsubscribe from our mailings (except important system and content update information), you may select to do so at the bottom of all email content and edit your email preferences.
11. Amendments. The Center of the American Experiment reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. The Center of the American Experiment will contact registered users by email and shall also post a notice of changes on its web site, when and if the terms of this policy are amended.
12. Contact. You may contact the Center of the American Experiment directly by emailing help at [email protected] should you have any questions regarding this policy.